Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Four(ish) Days to Launch

Departure this Saturday night! Packing and cleaning has commenced. Jobs are being left.

Visas are secured where necessary. Japan Rail tickets have been bought. Our first hostel is booked in Singapore. We've even planned a loose itinerary for destinations. If everything goes according to plan (ha!) we'll travel through Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Japan.

I'm going to use a "jump break" here...maybe it will look good on the main page. See below for a nice picture I took while packing. 


Total weight ~17 lbs

That computer is about 4.5 of those lbs, but hopefully being able to use it to manage Christian's GoPro photos will make it all worthwhile.The budget airlines we hope to use seem to have a carry-on restriction of 7 kg, which is 15 lbs. So I guess If I want to keep my bag I'll have to wear layers :)

As for contacting us, we are both using AT&T Passport which lets us use our phones overseas. It means our phone numbers won't change or anything. But don't call us, calls aren't free. Text us, we get unlimited SMS.

And also there's the whole internet thing which makes communication pretty easy.

Er, I guess conceivably you could even comment on this blog...for a very indirect method of communication.

1 comment:

  1. I will be reading this frequently. Hit me up when yall update this!!

    ReplyDelete